question about rope rings lenght

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, March 10, 2015 · 4 Replies · 2,277 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all!

I was wondering about which skills become more challenging if I lenghten rope rings, and for which ones this difference doesn't exist at all!

More specifically , is there a difference for pull ups / rows?

And what about support hold , german hang and muscle up ?

I've been working on these skills, but I do not own so much space to lenghten the ropes. I put them quite short.

Before I progress on these skills and eventually find a more comfortable space I would need to clarify this point!

Thank you!

Joshua Slocum

If your arms are above the rings, longer straps will make it harder. So that would mean support hold and the second half of the muscle up, but not the other exercises you listed.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Joshua Slocum said:

If your arms are above the rings, longer straps will make it harder. So that would mean support hold and the second half of the muscle up, but not the other exercises you listed.

Thanks for your reply Joshua! Just to know, for these skills - support hold and muscle ups - how much should be the minimum lenght rope required?
Joshua Slocum

I think the standard length for competition rings is something like 10'/3m. That's awfully long for most people's setups though.

Blairbob

 Well, most people are going to require at least 3.5 feet probably nearly 5 if you are on the tall side. My doorframe ring straps are about 5' I think.

 If you can, by all means try to get 7-8 feet if not 10 if your rings are off a garage support beam or ceiling.