This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SE2 elevated seiza calf pain

Started by BeanLion, March 10, 2015 · 2 Replies · 200 Views

BeanLion

When I go into this stretch I'm really struggling to hold it. It has nothing to do with my ankles, it's my calves that hurt after doing 60 reps of raises. When I get into this position the back of my thighs are pressing into my calves and is too uncomfortable.

 

Has anybody else found this?

dritar

Hello,

 

I found this to be the case as well and in my case I was leaning too much forward, really try to get the bodyweight on the feet that focuses the stretch more on the ankles and not have weight on the calves. But ultimately, it's something you get used to.

BeanLion

Thanks, I now sit more elevated to keep the compression off my calves. This helps a lot