This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Trouble with SLS PE1

Started by IronHarshaw, March 10, 2015 · 2 Replies · 190 Views

IronHarshaw

I am over weight by about 20 lbs and also am just beginning so lack the strength and mobility to get squarely back onto my feet after rolling onto my back for the deck squat. An easy solution I found for this was to hold a 5 or 10 lb plate in my hands and this was enough to help me get back up. Of course this acts only as a progression to a perfect deck squat. Just wanted to share.

 

Cheers.

Kelly Gage

I did that for a while, and it got me up, but I'm not sure if I was making progress this way.

You can also try to roll off of an elevated surface. 

I've had a lot of luck doing a weighted squat stretch between sets.  I go down into a full squat, pick up a 40# kettle bell, then rest my forearms on my knees.  Lean forward as much as I can keeping my heels on the ground.  This has helped me progress from 0% successful deck squats to about 60% successful (as in flat surface, no counter weights and no stumbling backwards).

IronHarshaw

Thanks Kelly, I own a kettlebell at 40#s and too and will add that in. I do believe though that using a small counter weight and progressing to know weight helps teach your body that it needs to get up!