This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

If I lose it she may leave me...

Started by Somalie, March 9, 2015 · 13 Replies · 790 Views

Somalie

hey guys this post is kind of a joke but it holds some water at least. My girlfriend has seen my journey up and down in size before with GST. Now she has a warning for me. If I lose my butt she might leave me. Lol. I know it's ridiculous, butt there has to be a way to keep this thing. Can't upset my girl. LMAO. Well... Hopefully not. Wish I could target this stomach fat alone.

emilianop

Can you post a video with current form, so that we can give you proper advice?

Nick Roy

Search "Perfect Workout Nutrition".

shughes89

Wait until your shoulders are tearing out of your shirts and see if she still cares.

Sven Ravnstag

The cardiovascular training Coach Sommer has suggested, along with the balanced leg work in Foundation and consuming adequate/quality nutrition should be just the thing for not simply maintaining but actually improving this (and most every other) aspect of your physique.

They don't call it a GLUTE Ham Raise for nothin'.

Nick Roy

Sven, other than senders what cardio does coach recommend?

Sven Ravnstag

Jogging on the forefoot at a moderate pace as warmup. Weekly volume around 6 miles, done in either two three mile says or three two mile days.

Personally, I've had luck with a touch more than this, perhaps because the volume/intensity of Foundation and Handstand is less than that of intermediate or advanced gymnasts. Or maybe because my recovery variables are pretty optimized at this time.

I've been running about 2.5 miles before my M/W/F Foundation, and usually again on Saturday. The specifics of this extra volume aren't b design; my preferred run route it 2.5 miles, I warm up before every Foundation by running it, and I find a get a feel a little under-moved if I take two straight days off on the weekend. Thus ~4 2.5 mile jogs a week is what usually happens.

I always have a day of complete test between GST though, and this seems to work well/be important.

Nick Roy

I do seem to remember that topic. He mentioned how the chinese run with the mileage being between 6 and 15 mile weeks depending on their training cycle, if I'm not mistaken. Along with 400 meter work on the weekends. I didn't think he used that as an exact recommendation tho, more so If people wanted to combine cardio with foundation that the set mileage would be fruitful. He stated no one runs for their health unless there older as in 40+.

I have been meaning to start running again myself tho. I think I'll add some forefoot running to my training days

Sven Ravnstag

I'm 27 and I run for my health. I can drink an americano and my blood pressure is still just barely over 120/70.

Now that I think about it, I guess Coach is right. It's more about the bragging rights I get with the old people waiting behind me at the Whole Foods BP station than my health.

spinelli

I've found that adding cardio is improving my GSt dramatically. It's increasing my work capacity like nobodys business, I generally do about 1-1.5 miles twice a week and a slightly longer run or walk on the weekend if I get the time. I imagine the promoted capillary growth can increase gains as the muscles are getting a better supply of blood also it's slowly raising my anaerobic threshold which means high volume work is less taxing.

Wouldn't say you have to start with 6 miles a week, just do what you can do without taxing you too much to start with and then progress from there

Somalie

So I really need to up my output. I find it's hardest in the morning. Should I be working out fasted in the morning?

Sven Ravnstag
Somalie said:

So I really need to up my output. I find it's hardest in the morning. Should I be working out fasted in the morning?

I don't like working out first thing because I find my body isn't as ready in terms of mobility. I think the hierarchy is 1) Workout when you can be most consistent (less than ideal and consistent is better than ideal abd hit or miss) and 2) Workout when it feels best to you.

I don't tvink GST itself is hugely demanding in terms of caloric burning. Mostly I think your basal rate will increase as a result of muscle put on over time. Personally I don't like training on an empty stomach, so I avoid it.

I think your biggest gains in terms of diet wil be made with eating clean and/or an overall reduction in caloric intake. If you like training fasted that's fine, but if you hate it I'm not sure the benefits justify the sacrifice. Perhaps eat a meal s few hours before, then have a pre-during workout protein/carb mix, then a meal after.

Sam Deamer

Im enjoying this conversation :)

jfreaksho
Somalie said:

So I really need to up my output. I find it's hardest in the morning. Should I be working out fasted in the morning?

Which output?  Are you talking about GST or running?  Long distance or sprinting?

 

I've had a lot of success making my slow runs slower and my fast runs really really fast.  As in, I'm as fast at 35 as I was at 22 for middle-distance fitness tests, with far less training time for running each week.  I run long distance once or twice a week, breathing through my nose the entire time.  I do sprints once a week, as hard as I possibly can for 4-8 sprints.  When I have a test coming up I do specific training to practice running at the correct pace.