Am I supposed to relax in the 'buttom' position or to 'squeeze my groins'?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Question on Isometric Middle Split
Started by Jacob Morsbøl, March 9, 2015 · 12 Replies · 481 Views
I would like to know the answer to this as well.
Isometric, yep. Try to stand back up ![]()
Be conservative with your ROM! The cramps if you start too low due to good passive flexibility are brutal!
If you can relax in this one, you haven't gone wide enough.
I am still confused. MSSSE24 (120s Isometric Middle Split) is 3x pulses for the first 30s followed by 90s of standing as low as possible trying to relax, correct? This is roughly minute 37:00 of the Middle Split series full video. Thanks a lot in advance!
Hi Andrey,
Yes, this is correct the first part of the exercise you will perform three isometric contractions of 10 seconds followed by a deepening of the position. After the final isometric contraction you will then hold that position for 90 seconds. Giving you a total time of 2 minutes. Wesley does an excellent job of explaining this in the tips and scaling video.
On March 26, 2015 at 0:03 AM, Cole Dano said:If you can relax in this one, you haven't gone wide enough.
Nice and concise, sounding just like @Coach Sommer ![]()
5 hours ago, Andrey Kruglykhin said:90s of standing as low as possible trying to relax, correct?
I am squeezing my adductors like crazy for these 90 seconds (isometric work), there is no relaxation… other than in my face so I would make it look easy ;-)
Yea definitely no relaxation for me as well! My legs are shaking all the way ![]()
Coach says this is probably the best exercise for MS. Can anyone explain why?
On 3/4/2017 at 8:42 PM, Affan Osman said:Coach says this is probably the best exercise for MS. Can anyone explain why?
For one, it is the most specific to the middle split development. Also, the first 3 contractions promote an inverse stretch reflex which relaxes the muscles, allowing you to achieve a deeper stretch.
On 3/4/2017 at 11:41 PM, Suzanna McGee said:I am squeezing my adductors like crazy for these 90 seconds (isometric work), there is no relaxation… other than in my face so I would make it look easy ;-)
Wes mentions to only use 5 - 10 % of maximum effort. So squeezing like crazy doesnt sound right?
For beginner like you guys/girl nope. light effort always , only exception if you can squat double bodyweight.
Can i do this times more often than once per week?
I like it ![]()
Hi Michael,
My recommendation is to limit this to only once per week. It is an intense stretch and easily overdone.