Reverse hyper/reverse leg lift bench

Started by Nick Roy, March 9, 2015 · 9 Replies · 4,025 Views

Nick Roy

Thought I would offer what I'm using for people who may need it. For reverse leg lifts and running man iM I just bought a $20 sawhorse at lowes and an $8 yoga mat from Walmart. Depending on choice of materials, total price is $20 - $35. I'm 6'1 with long legs and it's a good height for me. Just need to put it up on blocks in later progressions. And it's easy to move around out of the way. This fits in my bedroom and I don't need a power rack to do my leg lifts. Enjoy!

P.S. Might need to use a pillow on top of mat for extra cushioning if your weight crushes down on your abs too hard with this.

post-16040-0-29523000-1425864863_thumb.j

Blairbob

 Looks alright. My guess is that at 6'1" your legs cannot hang down straight without touching the floor right?

 It actually wouldn't be that difficult to build a gymnastics with some wood. There were boxes like these with vinyl stitched on them for parkour at CFMarin/TheCave. They were kind of heavy and would take some space though.

Nick Roy

Oh yea, my legs hit the floor straight leg. I just elevate them with blocks. My weight holds it down and it doesn't slip around at all. I'm in an apartment, so I had to consider space when putting together something for reverse hypers.

Nick Roy

I'm going to get high foam and dacron to give it a cushioned top like a reupholstering a chair.

brown.3794

I thought about doing the same thing when I was at Lowes the other day.

Nick Roy

It's working perfectly for the time being. Will probably put it up on boards in the future, unless I find something better.

vannybute

Stable enough for circles?

Nick Roy

I haven't attempted circles on this before. It can handle the vertical load, but not sure about the horizontal forces

Mad Grappler

I have a glute ham developer at home....I am assuming the GHD is good to go?

Nick Roy

I'd imagine so. The only thing about that is if you have a long torso like me, then the cushions won't hold your torso in neutral so you can focus on using the glutes instead of your back. It's really easy to make that mistake. That's why some people complain about back pain after or during later elements of hip extension. They used their back.