http://trapezerigging.com/products/standard-pullup-bar
I want to start doing horizontal bar work, I was wondering if this bar is good for that. It is greatly in my price range and my family already got it for my birthday.
Started by amar654, March 8, 2015 · 7 Replies · 2,774 Views
http://trapezerigging.com/products/standard-pullup-bar
I want to start doing horizontal bar work, I was wondering if this bar is good for that. It is greatly in my price range and my family already got it for my birthday.
its the standard $200 dollar one.
Yes, for most pull up variations it is fine. It is called a "Standard pull up bar."
With following details:
DetailsFor High Bar "Tricks" no.
No, unfortunately not. That bar is not designed for swinging work.
it is good for basic pull up exercises. It will begin to wobble and be too unstable and dangerous with more explosive or any freestyle related moves.
Joshua Slocum said:No, unfortunately not. That bar is not designed for swinging work.
By swinging work you mean giant circles or even simple moves like hip circles wouldn't be possible?
Romulo said:By swinging work you mean giant circles or even simple moves like hip circles wouldn't be possible?
I would not do anything that involves significant motion. That bar is not designed to take dynamic loads, so you have no idea if or when it would simply snap. Look at the video - see how wobbly it is just from a small woman doing pullups.
Totally agree, I wouldn't trust it to even do a pull over.