Just wondering where I should be feeling the Reach Underneath stretch?
This one doesn't feel very difficult to me, which makes me think I'm doing it wrong ![]()
Just wanted to confirm where I should be be mostly feeling this one...
Thanks
Cam
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Cameron Williams (Suspect 001), March 7, 2015 · 6 Replies · 397 Views
Just wondering where I should be feeling the Reach Underneath stretch?
This one doesn't feel very difficult to me, which makes me think I'm doing it wrong ![]()
Just wanted to confirm where I should be be mostly feeling this one...
Thanks
Cam
If I remember correctly somewhere in the traps:)
Assuming reaching with right hand.
Try to reach further, look at the ceiling and get your other hand either over your head and to the left (you should not see it while you look at the ceiling) or straighten it move it to the left and use as a counterweight.
I feel it mostly in my middle back/ obliques but not a stretching sensation. I only just have my posterior deltoid touching the floor
I feel this in the front of my shoulder, more like a crushing than a stretch... I have a feeling this isn't right.
Thanks guys.
Mehowte - I'll try your suggestion next time.
Cheers!
Cam
When I do this stretch with my right hand reaching underneath, I feel a stretch in the back of my R shoulder. It may be the posterior deltoid, a rotator cuff muscle, or it may be the capsule. I'm assuming that sensations like this, where it feels a little like the joint is pulling apart, should not be pursued too intensely. But I am very tight in this area so I want to stretch it... anyone else experience this?
Hey Henry,
Definitely tone it back. That is too intense of a sensation to be feeling. Be patient with the stretch courses; progress should be slow and steady with these. Vigorous stretching will almost surely lead to injury.
Can you please also post a video of your form? This stretch should also be targeting the middle and upper back.