Shoulder extension accessory work before german hang/BL

Started by Alexander Egebak, March 7, 2015 · 6 Replies · 3,525 Views

Alexander Egebak

Can anyone recommend a routine to strengthen shoulder extension strength and mobility along with F1 as my primary workout?

 

German hang and back lever are too advanced for me, and I was wondering how I could improve it while I fix my F1 sticky point. Currently, there is not much extension work in F1.

 

I have a tight chest and a tight right biceps which could benefit from more work.

 

I the only thing that have come to my mind is feet-supported german hang progressively switching weight from feet to shoulder. But due to the difficulty of measuring progress I think there must be other ways.

 

Can anyone point me in some direction?

Alessandro Mainente

Manna work for mobility and rope climbing for biceps both long/short shoulders head and distal biceps tendons.

both fully covered on foundations.

Alexander Egebak

Yes, I am doing foundation work but I think accessory work could be benefitial since I currently am stuck at manna iM and rope climb progressions are going slow.

Krel

German Stretch.

 

sd005.jpg

Alan Tseng

a big portion of FL iM in F1, early iM in H1, and Thoracic Bridge series all cover this

Alexander Egebak

Thank you for that stretch Krel. Now I just need an exercise to build strength in that range of motion.

 

Unfortunately, I do not have funds to spend on stretch series or H1. I am simply looking for freeware :)

Bipocni

Weighted dislocates, especially dorsal dislocates.

They will build up active range of motion in a similar position as German hang, and some strength as well.

But you should really be working feet supported German hangs. There's nothing that really prepares you for the crazy demands it has on your shoulders than actually being in a German hang.

Don't worry about progressing it. Just do them feet supported for a few months, and then SLOWLY start integrating short hangs.