This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sls pe2

Started by thomas wood, March 7, 2015 · 4 Replies · 133 Views

thomas wood

I can keep my right heel down when doing the squat but my left comes off the floor due to mobility issues which I'm fixing with the stretch series (excellent if you haven't tried them do it asap). If I hold a weight out in front 3kg is enought I can keep both heels down. Should I do this or just keep working in this exercise until the heel goes down. I also noticed in the video the guys heel comes up a bit so just after some advice

Jeremy Huston

Don't use the weight for these. Work hard at gradually getting your heel down.

Alexander Egebak

The weight is a good idea for extending your range of motion. But be aware that mastery should come without a weight. Also, make sure you have perfect form (other than ankle mobility) and hold no more than 3 kg, since not doing so will increase risk of injury.

The Natural

I have a different issue with this PE element.

I cannot keep my right leg straight when I am squatting to my left. My heel, foot everything stays on the floor but I cannot control the leg from bending at the knee a little bit. I have been repeating 4X6 for three weeks now trying to keep this leg straight.

 

Any tips would be appreciated!

 

T-Nat

The Natural

Never mind. I am doing this wrong :icon_twisted:

I am trying to keep the whole inside of my foot touching the floor. I only need to keep the heel to the floor. Darn it!

The Natural said:

I have a different issue with this PE element.

I cannot keep my right leg straight when I am squatting to my left. My heel, foot everything stays on the floor but I cannot control the leg from bending at the knee a little bit. I have been repeating 4X6 for three weeks now trying to keep this leg straight.

 

Any tips would be appreciated!

 

T-Nat