This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

TBs/SE3

Started by robet3, March 7, 2015 · 8 Replies · 522 Views

robet3

The hands are supposed to be touching at the start of this movement.  What if you can't get there.  Should I spend the time used in this movement to work on getting my hands together or should I work on the shoulder extension with my hands as close to each other as I can get them?

mounir

Hi Robet,

In a different post Coach mentioned "chest up higher and hands closer together". For me challenging enough to sit up straight with hands together. :).

Good luck with these!

prinny
mounir said:

Hi Robet,

In a different post Coach mentioned "chest up higher and hands closer together". For me challenging enough to sit up straight with hands together. :).

Good luck with these!

Seriously, I can barely get my hands together standing up! Hands facing away, no problem. Hands towards me, holy crap! I know coach was saying carved out of stone, but what's stiffer than stone because that's totally me.

Kelly Gage

I'm in the same boat.  The same sinking, stone carved boat...

prinny
Kelly Gage said:

I'm in the same boat.  The same sinking, stone carved boat...

On the bright side, stone boats do float if made properly  :)

howens

Me too. Just finished my 4th week of this series and was able touch my pinkies together. Strongly retracting the scapula made the difference.

prinny

Anyone else's arms kind of go numb during this stretch. I can get my hands together for the most part and am able to hold it for the duration. Just wondering if this is normal or not.

Coach Sommer

Poor circulation does seem to be a common symptom of zombie hood.  ;)

 

All joking aside, training with slightly less intensity (sitting up higher, hands slightly further apart) should help to remedy the issue.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

bscott722

I am also in the supremely rigid boat, I can barely move my hands past shoulder width sitting straight up. Could this simply be from poor shoulder mobility, tight pecs , or something else? Should we try to roll the shoulders back (retract scapula) in this stretch?