How much Soreness is OK?

Started by jspark, August 3, 2009 · 2 Replies · 2,213 Views

jspark

Hi Everyone

I just started the following program and need a little help.

M-F

Static Holds

Frog Stands

L sit (Tucked)

Tucked front Lever

Handstand

Bottom of pistol

MWF

Full Range

Box Pistols 5X5

Pullups (Vary grip) 5X8

Dips 5X10

I also do some stretching and a little yoga throughout the week

Problem is, when I am done with my workout, I feel a slight shoulder joint soreness. It

happens when I raise my arm over and behind me like doing a backstroke in swimming.

I'm not sure which exercise its coming from, but I want to know whether this type of soreness is normal for you guys,

and I should just keep on going.

I'm used to being a bit sore from weightlifting, and I know that's quite normal. Is this the same?

braindx

It sounds like the exercises are working a weakness in your shoulders. As long as it doesn't progress to pain you should be fine.

jspark

Thanks for taking the time to respond, braindx.

Thats exactly what I was looking to hear.

Now, back to practicing...