Feedback to my straddle planche

Started by GymPerformance, March 6, 2015 · 4 Replies · 1,795 Views

GymPerformance

Hi there

 

I've just uploaded another ring routine I performed a few days ago.

It might look pretty crappy for most of you, but it's being said that I started gymnastics / ring training 1 year ago... so I'm pretty proud of it :)

 

Now, I need your help. I can't improve my straddle planche!!! I work on my planche almost every other day but I don't get it better... 

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95B0PKquAzQ

 

Any recommandations how how I can enhance my straddle planche? is it a shoulder or lower back problem?

 

 

Thanks in advance guys.

chuchodani

Go back to a previous planche variation that allows you to maintain a proper scaps activation and bodyline.

 

Alessandro Mainente

fl , pl , bl  and support are not correct, step back. also if your back lever is incorrect is impossible that you have the necessary preparation for iron cross.

here above my student Alessio is demonstrating an all-life scapulas movement to understand how properly activate them.

Joshua Slocum

Your issue is a lack of shoulder strength. You're not maintaining proper scapula position, and as soon as you extend to the full straddle position, you fall down. What you need to do to get a better straddle planche is work earlier progressions with good form. 

Pafke

You elbows are bented, you scapula is retracted and your lower back is arched. You arms should be straight, scapula protracted and depressed and lower back flat. :)