This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

"RC/PE0.5" Hinge chin up hold !

Started by MrPuppeh, March 5, 2015 · 4 Replies · 192 Views

MrPuppeh

Hi !

 

Yes, I started a new post. Please dont hate on me

 

The point of this post is to gather people who are stuck on RC/PE1 for a long time ( such as myself )

 

I am going to master the Hinge chin up hold ( which I believe is the top position of the Hinge row ) for the destined 5x60s and see where will it take me.

 

As I read in the post called "RC/PE1" ( where Coach recommended doing the hold ) some people have attempted to try it.

 

My suggestion is to bring up your reviews/experience on how it has helped you. 

I am stuck at 5x8r and I am eager to try an easier variation in hopes that it will blast my progress from there and I could move on.

 

Anyone else who is stuck on RC/PE1 keen to try this out ?

MrPuppeh

I tried out 3x12s and I must say it was challenging.

 

But then again - Not sure if its challenging or am I just so damn weak :D

Murray Truelove

Have you tried PE2? The only reason I ask is that some people have a habit of making things hard for themselves.

Try PE2 and see how hard you find it, I noticed I found it easier than PE1 which led me to reassess my form, progress came quicker after that.

Alan Tseng

I tried doing the top position of hinge rows for several months and personally I felt like it is only most beneficial only if you have problems in the 1st blocks. Less beneficial if you are stuck on the 2nd and 3rd blocks.

My personal experience is that it may probably be more beneficial as a regression to RC/PE6

Jennifer

16 months and I'm up to  15, 15, 10,10.     It's only been in the last few months that I feel like I can keep the scapulae in the right spot and that the correct muscles are engaging.   I have to progress slowly otherwise I feel it in my elbows.   I have no advice except to leave the ego behind and just plug away.