Should I use PPT while at this exercise ?
I notice if I use PPT then it gets much harder to hold the weight ( I had to decrease the weight by 50% )
Is there any benefits of doing it this way ?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by MrPuppeh, March 5, 2015 · 4 Replies · 164 Views
Should I use PPT while at this exercise ?
I notice if I use PPT then it gets much harder to hold the weight ( I had to decrease the weight by 50% )
Is there any benefits of doing it this way ?
Yes.
No actually, i have to disagree with Murray. I asked the same question over a year ago in this forum. Coach Sommer's response was NO. In fact, you can compare the video demonstration of PE5 with Yuval Ayalon's demonstration, and the difference in pelvic positioning is quite clear: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10931198_628370117264785_4501328684321772965_o.jpg
Hope that link works for you.
Zach Armijo said:Why would you emulate any HS position without PPT?! Madness!
That's pretty much what I said, only more angrily and frustrated. I've just found the relevant thread:
From that that:
"In a seminar environment I correct everything at once. As far as the online course is concerned you will first work on shoulder flexion and then concern yourself with PPT."
PPT is still the end goal but shouldn't be focused on to the detriment of should flexion.