This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Must I do ABH Again?

Started by aiken54, March 5, 2015 · 6 Replies · 304 Views

aiken54

I completed ABH when it was PE1, as well as ABR. Now that it is PE 15 and 16, must I do it again?

 

It really wouldn't be that bad, I do 1:30 in my warm up on SL, MN, and SLS days, but it would take some time to get back up to five sets of a minute. Just wondering if this is necessary.

Keilani Gutierrez

yep. ever since the SL progressions got updated the word from Coach and the staff has been to re-visit the new progressions, as if, it were the first time we were working through the SL progressions. so thats the new order.

Awesssss

Wait a minute. This is something that I don't really understand! If one have demonstrated ABH for 5 sets of 1 minute, mustn't you be able to do 5 sets of 1 minute even if you're working on other things? Or is it ok to not be able to do 5 sets of 1 minute after you have mastered it ONCE?

Keilani Gutierrez
Hollow Man said:

Wait a minute. This is something that I don't really understand! If one have demonstrated ABH for 5 sets of 1 minute, mustn't you be able to do 5 sets of 1 minute even if you're working on other things? Or is it ok to not be able to do 5 sets of 1 minute after you have mastered it ONCE?

it will depend on the movement. with things like ABH/ABR keeping one set (or more if you feel you need it) in your warm up will do loads in continuing to benefit from the connective tissue gains. how much? it will taper off after a while but since we don't have perfect mobility, keeping it and working it while acquiring new ranges can be beneficial for us. for things like weighted iM's, there's a Wiki in the works of which protocol to go for adding weight to which ones. it will always depend but even though you lose some endurance, your body will have gone through an adaptation process that just needs to be maintained. not heavily worked on.

Kasper Stangerup

If you had to do maintainance sets for every mastered PE and iM, the workout duration would inflate like a balloon.

Keilani Gutierrez

precisely. but if you group them by movement family, for our level, it'd feel like enough. if im doing full body rocks, for ex. i wouldnt warm up with bent rocks and then straddle rocks. in my training at home, i'd do a full hollow hold and then once i was done with the hold, i'd start rocking or do it like i've seen in the handstand challenge (rock first, hold later for time) so each warm up will have a basic structure (the one provided by coach for now) and then as time goes on based on your mobility necesities, keep some stuff in the bank. especially if it's the type of PE or iM that will keep you from regressing progress that you've worked hard to get upto a certain point. thinking like this could help you focus on what you need, when you need it and not be redundant. :)

Kasper Stangerup

Personally, I go by the 15-10 template, but also by the 5-10 min rule of thumb. So, I just pick excercises that I feel I need (eg. I always include PPPs with as much lean as I can muster), but I don't necessarily do a 15-10 template for every progression that I'm going to be doing that session. Just enough to warm up for 5-10 minutes. 

Having said that, I do also employ a short round of joint limbering before the actual warm-up (Indian clubs and Cuban presses).