This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SE 14/15 Pancake Shoulder

Started by Daniel Stephan, March 4, 2015 · 4 Replies · 349 Views

Daniel Stephan

Hello!

I feel like I'm performing this stretch incorrectly.

I have a hard time keeping my opposite glute on the ground. Also, I feel most of the stretch in my oblique region along the side of my torso, which I guess is not quite right.

Where exactly should I feel this stretch?

Edoardo Cagnola

I guess I'm in the same boat.. I feel the stretch in my lower lats area and I also have a hard time keeping the opposite glute on the ground. It does touch the ground, just not with all the surface that usually touches the ground when, for example, I'm seated with legs in a straddle.

Awesssss

Youre suppose to stretch obliques in it

Iguanus

I feel I'm doing it wrongly too, but for another reason.

 

My legs open just a little over 90 degrees (so 45 to each leg). Therefore, when I "straddle" and lean "to the side", I'm bending A LOT to the front, something like a crooked pike. That has given me two distinct results:
1) I either feel nothing

2) I have an aching back for a week. And it feels wrong is so many ways, not the aching I get from other exercises.

 

How to proceed in this case? Should I shoot a video to show the problem?

Jason Dupree

Obliques are a main goal of this one, as for the leg, it might depend on where you're tightest. I feel it in my lateral hamstring, but I know some people who feel it in the adductors