This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE1>im - Windmill form check please

Started by JDelage, March 3, 2015 · 5 Replies · 86 Views

JDelage

I'm having difficulties with my windmills, in particular when lifting the weight in my left hand. I have some suspicions on what causes me trouble, but I would like the opinion of someone with more experience (i.e., pretty much anyone here).

 

In the vid below, I only did 2 reps on each side to keep it short, but I usually do 5 reps on each side. I'm using 25lbs. The last two reps are on my weaker side.

 

Many thanks!

 

vinca_minor

Can you do it with 5lbs?

JDelage

I'm sorry, are you asking for another vid with 5lbs only? If so, may I ask why?  Thanks.

vinca_minor

Do you have the same difficulties with 5lbs that you do with 25lbs?   Do you need to decrease the weight to perform the iM properly?

JDelage

The weights don't seem to make much of a difference as long as I use no more than 25lbs. Above that, pushing up starts becoming more of a work out, but there's no major difference in my mobility.

tom040287

It looks to me like your bending forward to much.

 

Not wanting to hijack your thread but I try to do these in a similiar way to triangle pose in yoga, would that be a correct assumption?

 

If so perhaps studying that pose may help OP.