This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SE24 - Knee pain.

Started by Murray Truelove, March 3, 2015 · 7 Replies · 388 Views

Murray Truelove

During the 90s isometric I get knee pain, I'm used to doing this with knees bent (like Thomas Kurz) which causes me no pain. 

 

Suggestions? 

Stephen Majerle

Could you be standing too wide for your current ability?

Coach Sommer

Stephen is correct.  

 

The body will always tell us what we need to adjust if we pay attention to the signals it is putting out.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Murray Truelove

It doesn't feel too wide in terms of flexibility but I'll reduce ROM and see if that helps.

Thanks.

Coach Sommer
Murray Truelove said:

... It doesn't feel too wide in terms of flexibility ,,,

Your knees disagree.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Murray Truelove
Coach Sommer said:

Your knees disagree.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Point taken. I've got MS later today so will feedback. 

Edoardo Cagnola

Same issue here but with the exercises on the wall. I reduced the ROM slightly and the discomfort went away completely!

Richard Laye

Yeah this seems like an issue I've had as well. Strangely enough, its unilateral....the discomfort (or more like pain) seems to be isolated to the right knee medio-posterior side only. Same thoughts as Murray has above: doesn't "feel" like its too wide in the adductors but as Coach pointed out, my knee seems to disagree. Hopefully this feeling is something transient in the exercise and will go away with time. Anybody got comments on which tendons are the cause of the pain, as this seems to be fairly common? (feels as though its the medial collateral or the common ligament for sartorius, etc)