This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE3 PPP

Started by Samo, March 2, 2015 · 3 Replies · 199 Views

Samo

 Hello, today I had my first official Foundation one workout and I noticed  PPP is harder then I imagined. I find myself very hard to lean that far as in the video tutorial. I could only lean barely till my belly button and had problems doing several reps as well. 

 Now I am interested should I try to focus on leaning forward first and keep the reps low, or should I follow 10rep mastery concentrating on rep count with current lean and leave the focus of leaning forward to sPL/PE5 ? ( I will be on sPL/PE5 next week )

korija

First workout and did hbp pe 3? that might explain it dude

Edoardo Cagnola

Have you tested mastery for the previous elements? You should not move on until you can do the prescribed reps+ the coupled mobility without rest. Don't skip ahead because you think that you are capable of achieving mastery, you should test it.

As far as PPP goes, usually it's a pretty huge jump for everyone. Make sure that your scaps are protracted when you perform regular push ups, that will help with PE3. You can also start working on PPP leaning less, and increasing the lean over time (NEVER increase the lean and the volume at the same time though).

Samo

I did 2 test sessions on weekend where i mastered PE2. I've been trying to master basic push-up and parallel bar dips for quite some time. I have had some issues with my shoulder flexibility and was hard to keep elbows close and searching for solution was how I got here. shoulder dislocations and other basic shoulder mobility drills i found on this forum, as well as in fb handstand group has helped me

to deal with those issues in the past 2 months.

 the only place i have ever worked out is my home, so push ups are pretty much the only move I could easily master, at least i thought so until I tried out PPPs :)