This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Negative Vertical Body Lever FL/PE11

Started by Sergio Andres Guillen Coronel, March 1, 2015 · 7 Replies · 391 Views

Sergio Andres Guillen Coronel

Is it normal that I feel like im working my arms on that exercise too? Feels like im pulling myself to the top and it intensifies while going down, seems much more than the fl/pe10, so yeah just wanted to know.
BTW, im glading all over the place and my hands don't stay shoulder level, they seem to go to my chest, any recommendations?

Alessandro Mainente

Yes is possible, i felt in my biceps, my triceps and anterior/upper part of the shoulders, in this last case is a good sign of shoulder capsule mobilization.

Jon Douglas

Very normal, yep.

ausswe

Yea I barely feel it in my abs its most all in te upper back for me and somewhat in the triceps

Joshua Slocum

Yup, this one targets the shoulders much more than the regular body lever. 

 

To avoid slippage, I always put a towel down so that my sweat doesn't slick up the floor. 

ausswe

Yea I have to use a yoga mat or I slide all over the place

bailey1983

I wanted to make sure that I'm reading this correctly. It's normal that your hands can be somewhere between above your shoulders to your upper abs?  When I do this exercise my hands are located above my upper abs.  If I try and execute this when my hands are above my shoulders, my body has a pendulum effect (about half way down) and I will end the exercise (or bottom part of the negative) with my hands above my upper abs. Thoughts?

Cole Dano

You have to find the position that works for you with your set up, but the hands are forward of the shoulders some amount.  (In other words, reach more forward on this rather than behind like all the earlier BdyL elements)