This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Understanding H1 programming

Started by texas_ed, February 28, 2015 · 4 Replies · 462 Views

texas_ed

Hi,

 

I'm brand new to H1. (Been doing F1 for 4-5 months.)

 

I feel retarded. Here's what the My Workout app says my H1 workout should be:

 

 

WRS #1-4

WP/PE1: 3x1r

FKP/PE1: 3x1r

WR/PE1: 3x1r

FTP/PE1: 3x1r

HS/PE1: 3x12s

10s HS/PE1-iM for each work set

:
 

-iM for each 
work set

 

 

 

Can someone please confirm that I'm reading it correctly? It looks like there's a bug throwing off the last couple of lines. I guess that's where Press Handstand progressions will show up in the future?

 

1) Do each wrist stretch, one after the other, pretty much no break in between

2) Do 3 sets, 1 rep per set, of WP/PE1

3) 3 sets 1 rep per set of FKP/PE1

4) 3 sets 1 rep per set WR/PE1

5) 3 sets 1 rep per set FTP/PE1

6) 3 sets of 12 seconds each of HS/PE1, interleaved with 10 seconds each of HS/PE1-iM

 

I'm sure this is obvious for most, but I struggle between what people say and what they mean sometimes.

 

And, what does 3 sets of 1 rep per set look like? I guess I'm to take some break in between each single rep. There's no iM for the WP through FTP exercises, so I just like kill time between sets? How long?

 

I can't wait for a wiki :-) I browse the forum and see comments from other people with pointers on how to do the exercises, and I feel lucky that I found those tips because they look useful and important. It's so inefficient, for me to browse and randomly find useful information.

Mark Balsom

Hey there,

 

It seems as though you are reading correctly and what you wrote is correct.

 

No iMs for the wrist conditioning, just do that one rep, shake it off and proceed to next set when you feel like it. It sounds odd but this is conditioning for connective tissue and must be done progressively, that's why you start with that single rep and if you just stick to the programming, before long you'll be doing a lot more volume don't worry!

 

Press Handstands are covered in Handstand Two (H2).

 

If you have any other questions please ask!

 

Mark Balsom

Jeremy Huston

A lot of us do supersets for the wrist work to make it a little more time efficient. So we do:

1 rep Wp, 1 rep Wr, 1 rep Fkp, 1 rep Ftp

Take a short break (it's a good time to do a shoulder warmup like arm circles or xiaopings).

Then repeat that sequence 2 more times.

Note: supersets are expressly forbidden in foundation.

Mark Balsom

Very true Jeremy, that is also exactly what I do. I was just giving the official answer ;P

Paul Goosen

*facepalm*
I should've checked this out loooong ago. I've been dreading the wrists because, as far as I was concerned, I was to roll through each exercise "x" number of times without taking a break, hissing: "Your knuckle rocks ARE your break from the fingertip pushes you just did!"

I feel so much better, having read the official answer! :)