Hey guys, I registered only for a very important question.
I am a gymnast since ever, I am competing L8. Of course, we do some conditioning, I can press to handstand in pike and straddle, tons of ropce climb and leg lifts - however, we do not do any of those things the guys do, like levers or plaches and I never wanted to or worked for it.
My brother is a gymnast though since 12 years and he has all those skills. Also a full planche and iron cross. He is really into that so I kind of know a bit about it.
Yesterday we had a new girl join our gym. She is 17 and has done some kind of gymnastics before but I don't know what exactly.
Anyways, she is a beast. She could of course do some handstand presses in pike and straddle, like all girls in out team, she could also hold a nice V-Sit with legs pointing straight up, but moreover, she is able to hold a straddle planche for a few seconds!!! My brother says it is not perfect, she is not horizontal (maybe 25degrees?) and her butt is kind if sticking out. However, it is amazing and we were all flashed.
I talked to her a little and now here is the weird thing; she can not do a front or back lever and also no side lever. She said she never trained for them and when she tried she was not better than me - but I am far from planches!!!
Is that possible? I always thought a planche is a lot harder!!!
Explanation?
Thank You!!