This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

No doms?

Started by ausswe, February 28, 2015 · 11 Replies · 541 Views

ausswe

Hej everyone,

So I have done the fss, ts and mss once each now and I have to say I pushed pretty hard. It felt more difficult than my foundation but in a different way. The strange thing is I don't feel any doms.

I feel a big fatigued in the muscles and I felt some doms from the ts but that was from the fact that some of those exercises at the end were strength Elements.

Anyway my question is, is this normal? I was sure I'd feel doms but I feel nothing but a bit fatigued and tight the next days.

Anyone think they know why? I definitely was not taking it easy on these.

Awesssss

It was the same for me, I don't feel any soreness, perhaps some tightness that shows in the morning and goes away 4 hours later.

old dude_1969

Same here.  I feel like I'm working hard. It may be related to the fact that we are getting very good mobility exercises in the foundation course.  Then again, if coach was pushing me through the exercises, I may be a bit more sore the next day. 

Coach Sommer

Count your blessings, gentlemen.  

 

Remember that we do not measure progress by doms, but by increases in ROM.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

ausswe

Haha I am counting my blessings! :P I know that's not how we measure progress my question is more curiosity as to why I'm not feeling it? I just found it odd. Normally this is exactly the sort of thing tha would give me doms the first couple of times.

Kopavski

yeah, a blessing. I did MS and FS last week. especially sore from fs :D 

Awesssss

We are the chosen ones.

Keegan

I noticed some slight DOMS from MS, none from TB, and LOTS in my calves from FS (though none anywhere else), so I think it's just a matter of how our individual bodies respond to stimulus. Like Coach said though whether we experience DOMS doesn't matter as long as we see progress in terms of ROM.

Chris Clarkson

I'm with Keegan - Front Split I can barely walk after, thoracic makes me feel great (although some higher elements I cant do yet at all) and middle split I feel nothing. I almost feel like doing it again this week just to see what happens... but Coach said there will be no improvement, so I'll do strength work instead....

dritar

First time on FS was really sore on the calves to the point of having a funny walk for to two days (even though I did the calf raises with no problem) however second time around is MUUCH better, barely any DOMS.

 

MS give me some DOMS and TS none at all.

 

What all 3 consistently give me is a LOT a of sleepyness. I do FS on Saturday and TS on Sunday and it's now two weekends in a row where I barely got anything else done due to the need to take an afternoon nap.

Jennifer

Dritar, me too.   No DOMS but just a wiped out, ready to sleep feeling.     I'm now doing them in the evening.

Nick Roy

I got DOMS and sleepy. Lucky me! Lol.

I'm in the same boat as you. I got through the calf raises without much trouble, but the doms are exclusively in the calves, all the way through to the insertion.