Stretch series off days

Started by Edoardo Cagnola, February 27, 2015 · 6 Replies · 2,504 Views

Edoardo Cagnola

Before buying the course (which is amazing btw) I used to do a little bit of stretching everyday, with some more intense sessions on the days prior to my F7 workouts. Right know I'm just stretching 3 days a week. The intensity of these 3 sessions is 10 times more than what I used to do, but my question is: can I do some really light stretching (to my understanding is what you all call limbering) on some of the other days if I feel the need? Or can I just enjoy some couch time?;) Especially on the days where I spend a lot of time seated due to college schedule I feel really tight in the hip area.. Any input would be more than appreciated! :)

Murray Truelove

Might be worth giving it a go for a week or two. Personally I'm finding S intense enough without adding anything else. F+H+S is an intense combination.

Vincearoo

Yes, you can definitely try it. Limbering gas always been recommended, but just remember to keep it light. You're only exploring your current and comfortable ROM on those days, not finding a new one. If it proves too much, then scale back and reintroduce when/if you see fit.

ausswe

If you think f+h+s is intense imagine when movement comes out? Also the stretching courses are crazy !!

Juginabi

What kind of schedule does the stretching series have? It says 45minutes on the front page but does it mean once per week and once per series? So if I do F1 3x/week would the stretch series fit on F1-off days 45min per day?

Murray Truelove

There's no schedule as such, just 3 classes that you do once a week. When you choose to do them is up to you.

They're intense so might not be suitable for a rest day, though you can experiment to see if this works for you.

Edoardo Cagnola

Thanks for the inputs guys! I'll give this a try for a few week without doing any stretching on the other days (I'll just do a self massage with a lacrosse ball).

Juginabi, to answer your question I do the splits series after my H1 workouts (2 days) and the thoracic one on a rest day