This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Is mastery on F7 required?

Started by Iguanus, February 26, 2015 · 6 Replies · 432 Views

Iguanus

[short question]

If I can demonstrate mastery doing FA and FB, but not on F7, does it still counts as mastery?

 

 

 

[Long question and details]

 

I used to do FA and FB workouts, but turned to F7 a few weeks ago. After the release of the new SL progression, I've done SL PE3 and fell on the floor a few times from shaking arms (next to last exercise, after sPL, HBP, RC, FL and Mn). I did 2x10 and my wrists also ached a lot.

 

Next day, I thought of giving a shot on that PE again, a fresh start. And it was easy peasy! If I was doing FA and FB, I'd just start FB with it that particular exercise (like I did) and it would be mastery. But, since I'm doing F7, does it still counts as mastery?

 

If it doesn't, does it mean we have to test for mastery using F7 template, at least on the 11th week?

Edoardo Cagnola

You should be able to hit the required reps (with the prescribed form) at every moment in order to claim mastery. So, if you are following a F7 schedule, you should achieve mastery with that setup. With that being said, I read in the forum more than once that some people have changed the order of the exercises. Don't use that as a shortcut though! :)

Iguanus

Ed, if that is so, does that mean that, in order to progress, to another PE, one has to do a week of F7? Program does not seem to indicate so. Another thing to ponder: exercise order is arbitrary. If I recall correctly, even Coach said we can actually choose the exercise order.

 

That being said, it may be that there are different requirements for attaining mastery in order to progress to another element and to get certified.

ausswe

It would be ridiculous to have different requirements for movin on and to get certified. If you can't show mastery to certification levels why on earth would you think you had it mastered? Also everything I've read on here from coach and numerous others say any order for exercises is fine. I just completed mastery of a rc Pe because I moved it to the begging instead of near the end. Going I try that for PPP Aswell.

Krel
ausswe said:

Also everything I've read on here from coach and numerous others say any order for exercises is fine. I just completed mastery of a rc Pe because I moved it to the begging instead of near the end.

Good to know ! I'm always doing F7 with this order : FL, sPL, SL, MN, SLS, HBP, RC.

Next week I will try HBP, RC, FL, sPL, SL, MN, SLS :lol:

Iguanus
ausswe said:

It would be ridiculous to have different requirements for movin on and to get certified. If you can't show mastery to certification levels why on earth would you think you had it mastered? 

Don't really know. I mean, would Allan be certified because he wouldn't be able to squat with feet flat on the floor on SLS PE4? Or would he be able to even move on from that element? It may be that mastery criteria is strict because it's supposed to be a benchmark, but that doesn't tell us the whole picture, as Allan is seen doing .

 

Also, I have strong heart murmur and continuous taxing exercise leads to black outs. Does this make me unable to cope with the program and advance on it? I can surely see why I wouldn't get certified, as I need to rest a couple minutes between exercises and, from time to time, between sets. I get that I didn't fit the general profile for that. However, I still get the benefits of F and H workouts and progress, albeit slower, is coming along nicely. If you consider that Coach may not be trying to create Olympic level athletes with these courses, but to give hard working folks a protocol for making the best out of their bodies, it makes sense to have to measures.

ausswe

I feel like the requirement for moving on should be the same as certification and like you said because of your condition you can't get certified and therefor for moving on you need to do things a little differently but for those without such conditions there should be no difference.