Hey guys,
Was wondering if it would be a good idea to run through some iM's to warm up before starting the real work?
Thanks!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Warming Up With iM
Started by Somalie, February 26, 2015 · 3 Replies · 215 Views
Short Answer: Yes.
Long Anwer: Yes, it is most likely a good idea unless the iM:s are too hard.
I prefer to keep my additional warmups short and high yield. For me that means sticking mostly to the "mobility that should be in your routine forever", i.e. dislocates, Jefferson Curls (also great at the end), perhaps a heavy windmill or two, and Xiaopengs.
Also, don't skip out on the recommended warmups of higher reps of previously mastered elements. As I've learned to scale the difficulty appropriately (medium exertion at most), I've found these 2-3 sets to be very useful. They should help the work sets rather than hinder.
Thanks guys Im currently running through PE1 on everything. So I'll utilize the mobilities there after a 3-5 min jump rope session.