This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Conditioning for .5 GB Cert Test

Started by Keilani Gutierrez, February 26, 2015 · 8 Replies · 682 Views

Keilani Gutierrez

hey all

I'm currently prepping for the level test in June and am wondering how the GB athletes went ahead with continuing their programming and if they had a practice session as if they were being certed and if they did, how would you suggest going about integrating it to my schedule?

I'm currently running: Foundation ( M,Th) and Handstands (T,F). with the addition of the stretch series, i'm doing Front Splits on Wednesdays and Middle splits on Fridays. so that's 4x a week with 2 stretch sessions. thoughts? perhaps run it on Saturday or Wednesday? perhaps, do the test once after every deload until the time to get tested? thoughts?

 

 

LateStarter@46

Good luck Keilani :-) I'm sure your preparation will be one of the best.

I'm hoping to do something similar in July and have decided to focus solely on the elements to be tested and keep any higher ones for moments when I have extra energy. This is because I know Coach expects a very high standard. Can't afford to have a single wobble! :-)

Keilani Gutierrez

cool.

 

thanks a lot, Zach.

RJS

Best of luck Keilani, many blessings

Coach Sommer
Zach Armijo said:

My advice would be drop your current Foundation training about 1 month out from testing time, and do nothing but your Mastery of .5. You will not lose a bit of your progress of later progressions and will be surprised at the betterment of those elements from putting in your due diligence of .5 Mastery training. Make it beyond a doubt that you can do 5 sets of Mastery with form. If there is anything that will kill people faster in certifying, it's the lack of form or knowing the elements. You will be told what to do, not shown. So know your sh*t and good luck.

 

Pay close attention to Zach's advice, gentlemen.  I am reopening the online GB certifications again shortly; and guess who is going to be running them?   ;)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

chuchodani
Coach Sommer said:

Pay close attention to Zach's advice, gentlemen.  I am reopening the online GB certifications again shortly; and guess who is going to be running them?   ;)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Good news, I'm from Venezuela and being able to do an online certification is a great advantage.

Nigel Noriega

Hi,

Is there a comprehensive list of current certification levels, and requirements (August 2017) ? 

What does the certification enable? for example, Does Foundation 1 certification mean you can teach foundation 1 materials?  Under what conditions? Do you have to have your own GB affiliate, or can you teach GB materials in another environment?

Many thanks

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Nigel Noriega,

Thank you for reaching out. GymnasticBodies is in the process of restructuring the affiliate program and that no new applications are being accepted at this time. As we massage the fine details keep up with your training! There will be a large announcement to the public when it’s ready. For the mean time, you can attend the GB Seminars to learn more about gymnastic strength training.

Nigel Noriega

Thank you