Moving to Kingman, Arizona. any gyms I could go to?

Started by sasquatch, July 31, 2009 · 4 Replies · 2,259 Views

sasquatch

I've lived in Hawaii my whole life, and it's finally time to move.

I'm wondering if there's any gyms kinda around my area that will let a 19 year old train, or even just go to open gym.

I know there's one gym in Kingman, but it's a girls gym and I don't know if they would let people over 18 in.

Anybody got any ideas of suggestions?

Scott Malin

I think in Kingman there's just that dance academy/tumbling gym (Allstarz). Most likely you'll run into the same problem I have here in Flagstaff: virtually no men's apparatus, no desire from the gym owners for anything men's that isn't tumbling/dance, and few, if any other guys to train stuff with. I'd ask about the open gym thing--that's your best bet. Up here, one gym doesn't like anyone over 16 inside, and the other hosts NAU's gymnastics club. 50-50 chance so worth a shot to ask.

http://www.allstarzacademy.com

sasquatch

That's too bad, I wish I lived close to a gym with a competitive mens team.

Do you know if there's any good gyms in Las Vegas?

Scott Malin

No idea about Vegas. I'd imagine you could find at least one there. Good ~100 mile drive though. :(

sasquatch

Thank you for the help.

Nevada has alot of gyms! I think there's a few I could go to in Las Vegas... not often, but every once in awhile.