Planche Lean critique

Started by itaman8, February 26, 2015 · 11 Replies · 2,004 Views

itaman8

Here is my Planche Lean, how is my protraction and depression?

 

DSCF9071.mp4

chuchodani

Good ! That was solid.

itaman8
chuchodani said:

Good ! That was solid.

So my planche Lean is OK?

There is something I need to improve?

chuchodani
itaman8 said:

So my planche Lean is OK?

There is something I need to improve?

You could add more lean, but I think the lean showed in the video is enough. Later when you move on to a harder progression you could put the planche lean in the warm up and work on increase your lean. 

itaman8
chuchodani said:

You could add more lean, but I think the lean showed in the video is enough. Later when you move on to a harder progression you could put the planche lean in the warm up and work on increase your lean. 

OK, I will try to lean a little bit more, thank you for the help.

Piatsch

It seems more beneficial to first increase the strength at a given lean degree and later increase the lean as you progress. Still once you hit a minimum degree in the planche lean and the elevated planche lean and master them you will move on to free balancing variations and gradually increase the lean as you progress to more advanced versions (Tuck Planche, Flat Tuck Planche, Open Tuck Planche a.s.o.).

 

So chuchodanis tip to try and increase the lean in your warm up only seems apporpriate and promises faster development of you future Straddle Planche.

DieKatze

for a  moment i was scared you would snap your arms in half ;) but the form looks really solid

aiken54

Definitely thought this was a troll post and that he was going to hold seal the whole time. Great protraction

Coach Sommer
itaman8 said:

Here is my Planche Lean, how is my protraction and depression?

 

attachicon.gifDSCF9071.mp4

 

Very nice work.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

itaman8

Thank you all for your comments, it is very motivating.

Sorry for the long Seal before the Planche Lean..

HB_Ron

Isn't it a bad habit to round so much in the middle back?I read that you need to protract from the scapula rather than using spinal extension and flexion in this move..

itaman8
HB_Ron said:

Isn't it a bad habit to round so much in the middle back?I read that you need to protract from the scapula rather than using spinal extension and flexion in this move..

I don't know, but it make sense..