I think it's nothing, but after a long day at work I still felt like I had energy for foundation. I did my A routine(fl,sPL,HBP,RC). On the very last set of push-ups, on one rep I felt a slight twinge on my right elbow as if I hyperextended and it wasn't ready for it. During the set I made sure to force locked elbows but not thrusting them forcefully. I went on to hinge rows and there was no discomfort. The arm doesn't feel wonky at all for the time being. Is this just my body complaining about the work load on top of new mobility as my biceps start to stretch out? I've always had tight chest and biceps. Foundation has been clearing that up
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Elbow discomfort
Started by Nick Roy, February 26, 2015 · 2 Replies · 137 Views
Usually when this happens to me it's when I'm not really paying attention to locking the elbow properly. If I'm really paying attention to the shoulder girdle in dislocates and edging into new ROM, sometimes the path of least resistance is the elbow and if it isn't properly locked/stabilized it'll flex/rotate in a way that results in the twinge.
With push-ups, especially when fatigue is setting in, pay attention to actively locking the elbow and externally rotating the arm (elbow pits forward). And you're pushing hard with the pecs/delts you don't want floppy elbows. Usually hyperextension sensations occur for me when the elbow is whipped/snapped into extension rather than controlled.
Yea, I feel all the work being done by the chest and shoulders, I just have to remember rotation. Thanks, I'll try that on Saturday for the next workout