This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
HS/PE1 iM form check
Started by Pafke, February 26, 2015 · 6 Replies · 240 Views
Do you have a video perhaps? I have noticed video for this movement can reveal very important errors.
yes, you still need more ROM, I think at the least the forearm should be flush with the line of the back.
Here is all 5 sets from yesterdays workout. ![]()
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASsyByDVcmk&feature=youtu.be
Nice, thanks for vids
Is this element particularly hard for you? That was quite a bit of shaking and the way you quickly drop out of each set makes me wonder if the weight is too high. There's that key point in the mobility instructions (that coach also had to remind me of!) that mobility is not a maximal strength endeavor.
There's that certain kind of finesse, where you can hold the bar still and come out of the set gently and in control of the bar. That kind of control pays off big time and will really reflect in your later elements and generally the quality of your work. As you know, your ROM is still lacking, so add in these points and keep up the good work! ![]()
Micawberian said:Nice, thanks for vids
Is this element particularly hard for you? That was quite a bit of shaking and the way you quickly drop out of each set makes me wonder if the weight is too high. There's that key point in the mobility instructions (that coach also had to remind me of!) that mobility is not a maximal strength endeavor.
There's that certain kind of finesse, where you can hold the bar still and come out of the set gently and in control of the bar. That kind of control pays off big time and will really reflect in your later elements and generally the quality of your work. As you know, your ROM is still lacking, so add in these points and keep up the good work!
Wow, thanks ! I will keep that in mind. ![]()
Micawberian said:Nice, thanks for vids
Is this element particularly hard for you? That was quite a bit of shaking and the way you quickly drop out of each set makes me wonder if the weight is too high. There's that key point in the mobility instructions (that coach also had to remind me of!) that mobility is not a maximal strength endeavor.
Micawberian I wondered about this point even before reading this post, what level of intensity is appropriate for this movement ? I mean I always pull the weighted bar back as hard as possible to increase my ROM but seeing that you stated here that it's not a maximal strength endeavor it might not be such a good idea after all.
athleticandrey said:Micawberian I wondered about this point even before reading this post, what level of intensity is appropriate for this movement ? I mean I always pull the weighted bar back as hard as possible to increase my ROM but seeing that you stated here that it's not a maximal strength endeavor it might not be such a good idea after all.
I don't know the direct answer for your question in terms of intensity, but here is what Coach Sommer told me when I started developing oblique aches and pains from H2 mobility:
"You should be uncomfortable while doing mobility; you should not be in 'pain'. This is indicative that you are stretching far too hard. Take a few days off and then resume training; but this time with a much more reasonable intensity. Always remember that you should never train mobility with the same intensity that you use for your strength work."
It would suggest that its not a good idea to go so hard every time every set with im1. Think of it in terms of other mobility exercises: Would you push as hard as possible every day on your wrist pushups, Jefferson curls, and dislocates? No! Most people have the sense to know not to mess around with their wrists and spines like that. And so it goes with im1 ![]()