This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Alternative to Gymnastic Ball

Started by Johann Wimmer, February 25, 2015 · 9 Replies · 608 Views

Johann Wimmer

Hi!

 

Does anyone have an idea how to substitute the gymnastic ball used during Inverted Cat? I currently do not know where I would store the ball in my flat  :)

 

Thanks!

Jennifer

Get rid of your computer desk chair and use the ball as a chair.   
 

Geoff

I bought one two days ago that is inflatable. It's a bit annoying if you have to inflate it every time before training, but it will probably solve your logistic problem.

Alan Tseng
Jennifer said:

Get rid of your computer desk chair and use the ball as a chair.

I personally also do that in a dorm room where space is too small even to do pushups
bso

I used a foam roller and the bottom of my TV stand (about 5" off ground). Worked for me. But I'm a bit of a zombie. To increase the ROM I'll simply start putting the foam roller on a pillow or mat or something... this will be the solution until I finally get some stall bars.

Michael Vetter

Other ideas? I will soon start some travels and dont plan to take the gymnastic ball with me :)

Alessandro Mainente

A bench press bench it is fine. be sure to put the upper back on the middle of the bench.

Michael Vetter

okay, and then just leaning backwards without holding on to something?

Leo Trinidad

Hi Michael,

Yes as Alex said, you can use a bench and hold on to something to keep your shoulders even. :)

Chris Banul

I started using a yoga wheel instead of a physio  ball.  The sturdiness of it makes it easier to find the right spot in the shoulders.  The wheel is also more compact than a physioball so it's easier to store when not in use.