This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE3 form check

Started by BeanLion, February 25, 2015 · 9 Replies · 271 Views

BeanLion

Hi, could you please check my form on this.

I know I still need to add some lean and try to stop moving forward and back. Thanks

chuchodani

From my point of view you just need to slow the tempo a little bit, try to stay in the same vertical line and engage that PPT. I make the exercise harder for myself doing it in a slippery surface with socks on in order to reduce the friction.

Vincearoo

Agreed with chuchodani. On the concentric you lose your lean slightly by pushing into more of a standard push up position. PPT needs a little bit of work, too. Definitely getting there.

BeanLion

Thanks for the feedback. When you mention PPT, is this because of my lower back rounding in? No matter what I do I can't get this to go away. I guess it's some sort of flexibility issue?

Sean Hunter

Its because your lower back is sagging.

 

Are you activating your glutes and abs?

BeanLion

Hmm, I definitely am my glutes as I focus on that. Not sure about my abs, will have to try the movement again and see.

Rayne-William

You weren't squeezing your abs at all.

 

Tighten your entire core.

BeanLion

Thanks for the feedback. Here's today's attempt with me really focusing on contracting my glutes and abs. To me it doesn't really look much better

Rayne-William

Don't forget your lower back, obliques, and serratus anterior are part of your core muscles

BeanLion

I believe all those muscles are tensed as well. What are you looking at to come to this feedback? Is it the inward curve of my lower back? As I can't physically get a smooth round from my glutes to back.

 

Or is it something else? I feel like I'm pretty much moving in one block, albeit a slight pike at the top of the rep which needs fixing.

 

Thanks in advance.