This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

progress schedule

Started by Ahmad Almansoor, February 25, 2015 · 5 Replies · 617 Views

Ahmad Almansoor

Hi All,

 

I did the front split series yesterday for the first time and it was painfully amazing. Even though it's mentioned that it should be performed once a week, would it be better to do it 2-3 times a week? if yes, can I alternate daily between front and middle splits?

 

Also, what's the general timeline to finally being able to do a front split? is 3 months a good time goal?

 

 

 

thank you for this amazing program

 

Coach Sommer

No, you should not.

 

Perform each stretch series once a week and continue to focus on your Foundation and Handstand iM.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Primate

If a woman can make a baby in 9 months, then 9 women should be able to make a baby in 1 month.  The logic that more must be better doesn't always work...

 

As for a time goal, that's going to be very individual.  Are you young or old? Consistency is the key to achieving any objective in life.  Focus on consistency, and then see where you are in 3 months time...

Jayne-Louise O'Connell

I know this question was partially answered above, but if I am only practicing the front stretch series (not foundation or handstand), is it okay to practise twice per week?

 

And is three months a good goal for a front split practising once per week considering I am 28 year old female? 

 

Thanks so much, 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Coach EXPLICITLY states in the stretch series to NOT do them more than once a week. I don't recall which video it is in, but it may be this one.

 

He explains that you'll be too sore to actually gain the myriad of benefits from these routines if you do them more than once. My cue...do them every other day but work in certain movements on your non-stretch series days. Meaning that (for me) I do Foundation M-W-F and Handstand on T-Th. So, on M-W-F I incorporate certain stretches that are extensively helpful: couch, couch with extended leg, reverse cat (on a SB), reverse frog, etc. Then on T-Th I do one of the lower body split series, coupled with my Handstand routines and then I do the Thoracic Bridge routine on Saturday -- my 'off' day. That way I'm not doubly working my shoulders on those days where I'm doing HS1 and I'm also not doing the series more than once a week. I don't know your schedule but in the case of these workouts spacing them out is better, because less is more. 

 

You get stronger in recovery.

Jayne-Louise O'Connell

Thanks so much Daniel, your reply was extremely helpful.