This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wow....

Started by ausswe, February 25, 2015 · 4 Replies · 539 Views

ausswe

Hej everyone,

Just did my first thoracic stretch day and holy moley.... Definitely found my weakness... The last few progressions of this series is near impossible for me. I can get a rep or 2 on the bridge push ups and can only hold the high leg bridge position for less than half the time....

Can't believe how hard this is...

Exciting to know how weak I am here though because beginner gains are always motivating and strengthening up such a huge weakness is always great.

My whole shoulder girdle feels amazing. This stretch course and even more so the follow along video is spectacular. Worth every penny.

I wish there was a follow along video for all te courses. We should start a petition to get more follow along videos :P

Cheers

zlobr

I wish there was a follow along video for all te courses. We should start a petition to get more follow along videos  :P
 

Agreed, I would sign that for sure :-)

Sven Ravnstag

I've only played around with thoracic bridge so far (still need to get my band situation sorted out), but I'm amazed at how free, open, and mobile my thoracic spine feels several days after just running through roughly half of the exercises.

I shouldn't be surprised by the quality at this point, I suppose, but I am, and delightfully so!

Sven Ravnstag
zlobr said:

I wish there was a follow along video for all te courses. We should start a petition to get more follow along videos :P

Agreed, I would sign that for sure :-)

For me the value of these is more seeing coach coach in action. It'd be a big undertaking to get all the progressions on video like this though, and that's time away from other things on the GST wishlist.

If anything I can see filming mastery of each element, supervised by coach who covers the important points, common cheats, etc.

Then again, that would probably replace the videos already in the course, which isn't necessary by any means as far as I can see. The advantages though might be that it'd show adults performing advanced GST and it's also be one step closer to learning from the man firsthand. The stretch series is so top shelf it's hard not to get greedy and let the mind wander...

Jennifer

I've done TB twice now and both times I feel this overwhelming urge to just go to bed after (I do it in the early evening).   It was brought to my attention too that the athletes are using a green band for the band pull elements and that the band color matters (??).    I was just using whatever band the kids had lying around which hopefully explains why I feel completely thrashed after doing TB.