This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What happened to Arch Body Rock?

Started by Collin, February 25, 2015 · 9 Replies · 472 Views

Collin

I've been working on SL/PE1 and SL/PE2 combined for nearly 50 weeks. I'm probably 8 weeks from getting through what used to be the SL/PE2 exercise Arch Body Hold.

Those two exercises have been incredibly difficult and incredibly beneficial. I'm confused why they are no longer there? I don't see myself stopping now.

 

Any comments or thoughts appreciated.

 

gohei_

They will show up later, I think you are free to keep them in your warmup until then.

Joshua Slocum

If you took a minute to read the forum you would find that the SL progressions were rearranged to make progression smoother. ABH and ABR are now in F2.

(Jonson) Cheng Sang Tan

Hey There,

 

I am in the same situation with Collin as I am just coming to the end of my SL PE2. I get the reason to have better/smoother progressions for the Arch Holds/Rocks as I think if someone who had no fitness background would find them extremely challenging.

 

In my case, if I am coming to the end of the old SLPE2 (Arch Rocks), where do I go from here relative to the new SL content? In my mind I will spend time to do the mastery reps and sets for each new SL (PE1-6) but I am quite positive that I will be able to get through them. Should I move on to Foundation 2 SL material instead?

Coach Sommer

Gentlemen,

 

It would be enormously helpful if in the future you actually took the time to open your emails from GB.  ;)

 

There were several emails sent out regarding this adjustment to the SL progressions.  

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer
(Jonson) Cheng Sang Tan said:

Hey There,

 

I am in the same situation with Collin as I am just coming to the end of my SL PE2. I get the reason to have better/smoother progressions for the Arch Holds/Rocks as I think if someone who had no fitness background would find them extremely challenging.

 

In my case, if I am coming to the end of the old SLPE2 (Arch Rocks), where do I go from here relative to the new SL content? In my mind I will spend time to do the mastery reps and sets for each new SL (PE1-6) but I am quite positive that I will be able to get through them. Should I move on to Foundation 2 SL material instead?

 

No, you should not.

 

Master the new SL progressions.  The old SL progressions no longer exist.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Collin

Well I guess Coach has pretty much summed it up. The old progressions are dead.

I did look over my emails from GB and the only thing I can see in relation to this change was the Free Foundation 1 update mailed out on 2/17. Which when I hit the link went straight to Test Mastery for the new progressions. I do not see an explanation provided anywhere for the students working through the previous progressions. It sounds like there is information on the forum, but I've looked through that also and have not seen it. It is not under "Announcements" from what I can tell. As helpful as the forum is, I don't read it on a daily or even weekly basis.

If I am totally missing something, please let me know. I just haven't been able to find it.
Cheers!

 

(Jonson) Cheng Sang Tan

Hi Coach Sommer,

Thanks for that. I did the same as Collin did and went back to look for previous email and info on the new progressions but only found an email that has test the new mastery.

May I know what do you think about having F7 movements at different PE stages? For example, I am moving through PE2 for my F7, I am quite sure I will be able to progress quickly with the new SL work and my HBP is at PE3. Should I move on further with the HBP and SL while my other movements are progressing or should I maintain HBP and SL until my other movements have caught up? I'm thinking in more of a overall balance fitness aspect.

Coach Sommer

Jonson,

 

This is all addressed in the front end of the courses.  ;)

 

However there is nothing wrong with being at different levels on different elements.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

(Jonson) Cheng Sang Tan

Thanks for the speedy reply Coach Sommer. Looking forward to seeing you next weekend! =D