This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL pe5....

Started by ausswe, February 25, 2015 · 5 Replies · 155 Views

ausswe

Hej everyone,

I have been stuck on this one for a long time. I started out on week 1 with hands around the belly button. After 2 months I managed to get to week 5 but my wrists were causing me grief so I took it back to the first cycle after almost 2 weeks of not doing them. Overly cautious of my wrists.

I turned my hands out to 45 degrees to ease off on the wrists and started at week 1 again. I have been repeating this cycle for so long I actually lost count of how long I've been stuck here and atm I feel like my strength in this position is deteriorating.

I now can only manage at best a few sets of 10 seconds before I lose protection or if I keep protraction I fall on my face.

Back before I started I mastered pe4 with has in the Tank because I new how hard pe5 would be but it has been so long I doubt I could show mastery now.

Question: should I step back to pe4 and remaster it?

Question 2: is there any point or would I be wasting my time seeing as I have done this already and it didn't help my leans at all.

Question 3: should I do a little less lean and try doing shrugs in the lean position? ( I have tried building up at a lesser lean and increasing ever so slightly but it really didn't seem to be working for me)

I've always been good at pressing movements but mostly because of my chest and triceps. My anterior deltoid has always been quite small.

Cheers :)

Sven Ravnstag

How's the rest of the body line? I've found that keeping the abs tight and PPT really helps to lock in the body position needed for increasing the lean. These things (PTT, glutes/abs tight, ribs in) seem to be indirect cues for improving hollow. Better hollow = better lean and productive stress on the shoulders/arms.

When I was learning the position, I kept the time at 12sec (+3 to line up and find my best lean) and added multiple sets to get some volume in.

ausswe

My fl is at pe10 so hollow is solid.

ausswe

So you're saying find something I can hold for 5x12 or so then as soon as I can hold more just increase the lean until I can only hold it for 12 seconds again? I tried something similar but I built up more time. So I held a position until I could hold for 30 seconds then tried to move forward but it wasn't helping much.

Alan Tseng

Personally, I stayed at my max lean for an entire block (3x6s, 5x6s, 3x12s, 3x6s) then repeat the same block again with my max lean.  Been working for me personally.

Sven Ravnstag

I mean keep the time low and push the limits of the lean as far as you can during that time. Then, to build volume without compromising the lean, add additional short sets beyond five if you feel up to it.

This is just what has worked for me. I think it confers the advantage of keeping your current best lean position (increase it where possible in the set: usually by the time you find your best lean you're only there for a second of two before the set is up) and also gives you an opportunity to spend a reasonable amount of time in the position.

Basically what Alan said plus maybe a block of adding additional 12sec sets for extra stimulus.