This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE6 question

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, February 24, 2015 · 8 Replies · 372 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi guys!

I don't know if this stuff is important, but as I do bent chin hang at the bar, I tend to keep my body a bit piked at the hips. I feel that more comfortable and natural instead of keeping whole body straight from torso to feet. Is it Okay or better if I keep my entire body in a straight line, just like I've been trying to do, for example, in dips?

Thank you!

Murray Truelove

I do the same, I find squeezing my glutes and core improves my hold times.

Will be good to see what others say.

Rayne-William

I held hollow body position when I was working on this progression.

 

Now that I have mastered the progression I hold L-sit, depress my scapula as much as possible, and hang off of the crown moulding above a door frame with an overgrip for up to 30 seconds per set.

korija
Zach Armijo said:

You would do better to learn to hold hollow in any position you can. It shouldn't even be a thought in your head. You will just jump up, grab the bar and already be solid. Being segmented later on will bite you in the ass and make things a lot harder for you once you are trying to correct being hollow of all things.

This is very unrelated, but in some of the hbp progressions, example the hbp/pe 2 it doesn't say anything about being hollow, should you be?

Alexander Egebak

The athlete in the course video is hollow, so should you be. That is my thinking

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Basically my form as I perform RC/PE6 is just like in the pic:

post-10847-14271860056_thumb.jpg

Yesterday I tried mastery and I got it! My chest and neck don't touch the bar as requested, But if you find I have to fix body form , write a comment [emoji6] !

Murray Truelove

Looks good, best use of the smith machine besides pretending you're a truck driver.

I hit 4x48 on Monday and additional rest started to creep in. Progress so far has been pretty solid.

Edoardo Cagnola

Does the height of the bar make a difference in term of intensity (given that the bar is high enough that you are able to hang without bending your legs)?

Cole Dano
EdStand said:

Does the height of the bar make a difference in term of intensity (given that the bar is high enough that you are able to hang without bending your legs)?

 

No, other than any extra effort needed to get into position.