This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

About adding weight on Xiaopeng

Started by Jacob Morsbøl, February 23, 2015 · 7 Replies · 313 Views

Jacob Morsbøl

I've finally mastered PPP, and thus mastered both Xiapeng forward and backward. Hence, I'm gonna add weight on those. However, how should I do this?

 

I know I should progress easy and so on. But should I do first 5r forward and then 5r backwards or should i finish my forward set and then do my backward sets? What are your experiences?

 

I've searched after this but with no luck.

Murray Truelove

I've experimented with doing forward and backwards at the same time; so if your right hand is going forward your left hand is going backwards, 5r then change direction.

 

My conclusions so far: it's bloody hard work. Not entirely sure if beneficial. 

 

I'd like to see an answer to your question as well.

Alexander Egebak

I think you will not achieve full ROM if working with both arms at the time.

Murray Truelove
Alexander Egebak said:

I think you will not achieve full ROM if working with both arms at the time.

This could be the case. I saw Daniel (or maybe Josh?) do them and figured it was an easy way to keep both forward and backward Xiaopeng in my workout.

Coach Sommer

It is not possible to perfrom xiaopengs correctly with both arms at the same time.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Murray Truelove
Coach Sommer said:

It is not possible to perfrom xiaopengs correctly with both arms at the same time.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

So moving on from HBP PE3 but keeping it in your warm up for 3 sets would you do a mix of forward and backwards?  

Coach Sommer
Murray Truelove said:

So moving on from HBP PE3 but keeping it in your warm up for 3 sets would you do a mix of forward and backwards?

Of course. Why would you even consider only training one side of your shoulder? ;)

And moving on, I would only include a single set of forward and a single set of backward; not three.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jacob Morsbøl

Thanks, Coach Sommer. Once again short and precise.