This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5 planche lean form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, February 23, 2015 · 11 Replies · 230 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all!

Un update of my planche lean.

Here's a video.

http://youtu.be/y8sZWAApR8k

Two questions:

1. At least in the beginning , what about my form? I tried to activate my lats in order to keep scapula depression, then I protract and finally I lean forward. Do you think both scapula depression and protraction is sufficient?

1. I know that at some point my back gradually straightens. I noticed that my butt raises, so I get my hips a bit too much piked. I guess this is because of fatigue accumulated. How much seconds do you think I keep proper form, taking the chronometer as reference?

Any suggestion to strenghten my lean would be appreciated!

Thank you!!

chuchodani

Good amount of lean, nice protraction and depression. To me you look straight the entire set. 

Bro'

Your position definitely changes throughout the set, I'd say you'd still qualify for mastery until the 17-18s mark, but maybe that's a bit severe, I don't know for sure.  :)

Alessandro Mainente

Are your legs fully extended?

Alessandro Di Sanzo
alex87 said:

Are your legs fully extended?

Actually that's a point I didn't take care too much. My intention is to keep them extended, but now I have some doubt as I look at the video. I'll check out this point!
Alessandro Di Sanzo
chuchodani said:

Good amount of lean, nice protraction and depression. To me you look straight the entire set.

Bro said:

Your position definitely changes throughout the set, I'd say you'd still qualify for mastery until the 17-18s mark, but maybe that's a bit severe, I don't know for sure. :)

I tried to make a comparison between initial and final form of my planche lean posted in the video.

Here's a pic!

post-10847-142477708735_thumb.jpg

chuchodani

Yes, your but is a little bit a higher and you lose some protraction and also your lats looks less engage.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
chuchodani said:

Yes, your but is a little bit a higher and you lose some protraction and also your lats looks less engage.

post-10847-142477795233_thumb.png

In this pic I try to show better what I'm talking about in the second point I focus on.

My friend said me to avoid the form shown below! If I maintain upper form it could be a good sign that I am not losing protraction. Previously I was thinking only about rounding of my back to check if my protraction was good... What do you think?

ausswe

You definitely need a bit more protraction. Take a picture of your maximal protraction while standing up without weight and try mimic that in the lean.

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi All!

Here's an update of my planche lean.

I've been trying to fix my form, first of all to fully extend my legs!

How do you find it?

Thank you!

chuchodani

To me it looks solid !

ausswe

looks much better to me