Too Old for a backtuck or kipup

Started by tkd4life, February 23, 2015 · 5 Replies · 998 Views

tkd4life

I'll turn 24 (female) in about 2 months. I'm a runner. I attempted a backtuck and injured my knee; I missed the crash pad. I've always wanted to learn one. It reminds me of freedom; going against gravity. A Kip up looks cool and a fast way to get up....is 24 too old to learn a backtuck or kip up?

serotonin

Nop,

 

I learned the round off and backtuck, and the kip up at 39  :)

tkd4life

Serotonin you sir/ma'am are an inspiration. Thank you so much!

jules

You win the game you are playing. You're only as old as you think you are.

SBKappa

Hard work and determination can bring you a long way, never give up on your dreams! 

serotonin

Thanks, tkd4life (i'm male :)

 

In fact for tumbling the only drawback that I see as you get older is to overcome the fear.