This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE1>iM stiff-legged windmill

Started by texas_ed, February 22, 2015 · 2 Replies · 110 Views

texas_ed

Hi,

 

So I had pain in my right shoulder after doing these holding a 5lb plate. I posted in the main forum and Coach suggested I try with lighter weight. Someone else suggested that I post a form check. So after taking a couple of weeks off to let the shoulder pain subside, here I am with a 1 lb plate, trying hard to keep my shoulders aligned vertically to reduce shoulder rotation.

 

Now I feel stretch & strain in a long muscle from my groin down toward my knee, toward the back and inside my legs, in the leg opposite of the arm holding the weight. So when the weight is in my right hand, I feel the strain in my left leg.

 

I just looked at an anatomy explorer and it looks like it's the Gracilis that I'm really feeling.

 

http://www.innerbody.com/image_musfov/musc67-new.html

 

Either that or it's the Adductor Magnus?

 

http://www.innerbody.com/image_musc08/musc26.html

 

Anyway, it's inside and toward the rear.

 

Not sure that I have a specific question, but I welcome any coaching I can get!

 

Thanks,

 

Ed

 

William Str

You're twisting too much. Try this: with you right arm up, cock your hip out towards the right, so the back leg becomes vertical. Then slide with the back side of your left hand on the inside of your left leg, all the way down. You should be able to do this with the back leg and hips against a wall.

Keegan

1) you need to twist your overhead arm, watch the demo video again

2) you should be leaning towards the leg on the side that you are not holding the weight (so in your video towards your right leg); you are reaching directly down the middle or even slightly towards your left leg; watch the assessment video with Kyra (sp?) to get a more clear view of this

3) you don't want your feet to be parallel like they are, look at the demo video and assessment video again and pay attention to foot placement

Hope this helps