I don't know if you've ever watched someone try to mimic someone else and fail terribly? That's how I felt. I didn't come anywhere close to mimicking the video. Had to laugh to myself because I'm so inflexible.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
That moment when you realized how tight you were
Started by Sensei JP, February 22, 2015 · 28 Replies · 1,949 Views
SarahsWhere said:I don't know if you've ever watched someone try to mimic someone else and fail terribly? That's how I felt. I didn't come anywhere close to mimicking the video. Had to laugh to myself because I'm so inflexible.
Don't stress. You will never be as inflexible again as you were that first time ![]()
thanks JP for the post it gives me hope.....unfortunately for me your first attempt at the bridge series would be a great improvement as to where I'm at now, I'd take that. It was this shoulder stretch that gave me the ah-ha moment to realize why rocking table seemed to give me grief in the front shoulder on an exercise that "seemed" inconsequential. I'm stiffer than 4 day old microwaved, then reheated, chicken with this movement. But as Mr.Douglas says I won't stress it, all in good time. Just good to know change is possible with dedication.
This TB series is super tough, it has a bunch of exercises that I can basically not do at all. When I "bridge" with a bar that is roughly shoulder height it is super intense and stretches all through my hip flexors, etc. My shoulders are tight in both directions, going back over head or coming up behind me.
The good news is that the combo of all the F1 + H1 + T1 + S1 (TB) hit the shoulders from every angle. You're either lifting a weighted bar behind you, working through table pose, or walking your hands behind you (like the OP) all the time. Progress comes.
The change I'm making this year is really trying to bang on these every day, not skipping stretch sessions (like last year) and making sure to exert myself to my full ability on every rep. In particular the HS/PE3>iM has been a revelation.
Thanks for posting - nice to know how many of us are SO TIGHT.