This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Doing the courses together?

Started by ausswe, February 22, 2015 · 22 Replies · 1,575 Views

ausswe

Hej everyone,

Just wondering when I should do the stretch courses? I do f7 twice a week and hs twice a week on different days.

Option 1: front split after f7 day 1

Thoracic stretch after hs day 1

Middle split after f7 day 2

Option 2: all 3 stretches together after hs day 2

What do you think?

Cheers

Keegan

I would personally go with option 1. Trying to do all 3 sequence back to back is likely going to mean some loss of focus and mental/physical fatigue by the time you get to the 3rd (or maybe even 2nd) sequence that will mean a reduction of quality of work performed.

Coach Sommer
ausswe said:

... Option 2: all 3 stretches together after hs day 2 ...

 

 

Why would you even consider such a thing???

 

Perform the individual stretch courses on three separate days.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

mehowte
Coach Sommer said:

Why would you even consider such a thing???

 

 

 

 

Oops :)

 

I did all of them yesterday. I wen't by the old advice of having one day of full body stretching.

 

DOMS do start to creep up today. I expect to be even more sore tomorrow, but the training felt great.

 

They were challenging for sure but I didn't feel one sequence negatively impacted the other.

 

 

Is it much worse to do them one after the other at the same day. I'm asking only because it is much more convenient for me to spend one day on stretching.

 

If it's detrimental for the progress I'll definitely switch to Mon-Wed-Fri schedule.

ausswe

I considered it an option because I have the time to do it on Saturday morning. So any doms would be gone by Tuesday when I do f7. That ad why not? It isn't in the workout schedule program so anything is reasonable to someone who doesn't know anything about programming stretching.

No need to be condescending about it.

Coach Sommer

Spread the work thoughout the week as three separate workouts.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Chris Clarkson

Hi Coach, would it also make sense to divorce these from F1 and Handstand training days at least until we are more used to the stresses they put on the body?

Coach Sommer
Chris Clarkson said:

Hi Coach, would it also make sense to divorce these from F1 and Handstand training days at least until we are more used to the stresses they put on the body?

No, my preference is to place them at the end of a workout. If necessary, split them up into different times during the day, but immediately after is best.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Chris Clarkson

Thanks Coach!

gohei_
Coach Sommer said:

No, my preference is to place them at the end of a workout. If necessary, split them up into different times during the day, but immediately after is best.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

To take it one step further, do you prefer to stretch the same muscles that have been doing the workout? For example doing the TB after front lever and H1 work (shoulder extension work), FS after manna work, and so on?

ausswe

I do f7 on Monday and Friday. H1 on Tuesday and Thursday. Fss on Monday and mss on Friday but I do thoracic stretch on Wednesday when I don't do anything else. Is that wise or should I move the thoracic stretch day to another day?

Coach Sommer
ausswe said:

I do f7 on Monday and Friday. H1 on Tuesday and Thursday. Fss on Monday and mss on Friday but I do thoracic stretch on Wednesday when I don't do anything else. Is that wise or should I move the thoracic stretch day to another day?

 

To increase recovery, for the time being I would move TBs to either Tue or Thu.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

ausswe

Cheers, I'll move it to Tuesday.

Don't know if this would make a difference but I also do rock climbing on Mon,tue,fri

taenkarth

I'm doing a spread like so.

 

Mon/Thurs - F7 + H1 + MSs

Tues/Fri - F7 + H1 + FSs

Wednesday - TB

 

Going by what was said above I'm not sure where I would move TB. Seemed to work out this week but concerned by Coaches statement.

ausswe

Are you doing f7 h1 and te 2 lower body stretches 4 times a week?

taenkarth

No I'm doing splits like so.

 

Mon/Thurs - FL/SPL/HBP/RC + HS1

Tues/Fri - SL/MN/SLS + HS1

 

Mon - Mss

Wed - TB

Fri - Fss

 

Sorry for confusion there.

ausswe

I guess coach's advice for me would relate to you as well.

Coach Sommer
ausswe said:

I guess coach's advice for me would relate to you as well.

 

Exactly.  I would recommend moving TBs to Thu and leave Wed completely free for recovery.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

ausswe

Oh I was going to move mine to Tuesday... Should I move it to Thursday instead?

Coach Sommer

Not sure of your situation, however his Thu is upper body intensive and placing the TBs on that day allows the upper body more recovery afterwards.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

ausswe

Ah okay. Tough decision then... I think I'll do mine on Tuesday with my Hs work as I do f7 on monday and Friday so it would be nice to only have Hs work on the Thursday before my f7 Friday session. The Ts is quite hard in the later levels

taenkarth

Perfect. Thanks Coach!

okaxmasato

Hello,

I was looking at how people organize their schedule and currently this is what I am doing:

H1

Foundation (FL/SPL/HBP/RC)

Foundation (SL/MN/SLS)

Rest day

(repeat)

I don't place specific dates because they vary, but it is more or less how my routine goes. Adding the stretching portion, it would be as follows:

Course--------------------------------Stretch

H1--------------------------------------TB

Foundation (FL/SPL/HBP/RC)-----MSS

Foundation (SL/MN/SLS)-----------FSS

Rest day

(repeat)

​Is this okay? I don't feel like I'm under-working my body, because I feel pretty fatigued afterwards (not fatigued as in extremely tired, but the good type where you did a good workout but going beyond or putting in more time (exceeding 1 hour and 1/2 of intensive workout would jeopardize my form and effort.) The stretching I do later in the day.

I thank you all in advance for your help and advice!