Stretch Series question

Started by Nick Roy, February 22, 2015 · 11 Replies · 4,142 Views

Nick Roy

Will the Stretch Series accelerate the mobility exercises from Foundation and Handstand?

Also, I do a 4 day workout split for foundation (M/T, Th/F), would I be best served to stretch on my rest days (W/Sa/Su) or at the end of 3 of the 4 days? I read that you only do each series once per week so just wondering what would

Murray Truelove

I'm sure it'll accelerate your mobility progress.

I plan do S on the same days I do F but at the other end of the day, so F in the morning S in the evening.

It's probably more important that you do it, rather than when you do it.

Kasper Stangerup

I have high hopes and expectations that better hamstring flexibility will help my windshield wipers and hanging leg lifts. I feel that I have to really fight my own hamstrings during these movements.

Nick Roy

Fair point murray.

I'll probably end up buying Stretch next week. Rent is due on the first. Priorities : /

I just wish stretch came out next week so I could buy right away lol. Oh well

hYYpYz

I don't want to start a new threaad so i'm going to jighjack this one.

 

I got F1 and H1. Some of the further progressions for manna require quite a bit of flexibility.

I'm 29 and my legs are stiff like a wooden board. Are these series suitable for adults ?

Nick Roy
hYYpYz said:

I don't want to start a new threaad so i'm going to jighjack this one.

 

I got F1 and H1. Some of the further progressions for manna require quite a bit of flexibility.

I'm 29 and my legs are stiff like a wooden board. Are these series suitable for adults ?

Yes sir it is. I'm 25, but there are plenty of students on here in their 40's who are quite successful.

Foundation was designed with adults in mind

-MR
hYYpYz said:

I don't want to start a new threaad so i'm going to jighjack this one.

 

I got F1 and H1. Some of the further progressions for manna require quite a bit of flexibility.

I'm 29 and my legs are stiff like a wooden board. Are these series suitable for adults ?

I don't know whether or not a very inflexible adult (like myself) can ever achieve the level of flexibility demonstrated in the videos, but I do know that I've made slow progress in my mobility since starting F1 and H1 two years ago. I'm still very tight however, so I'm hoping that the new stretch series will help accelerate things a little as well as help the areas that F1 and H1 miss (I just started it last week).

 

It's probably better to try the program and make slow gains than to not try at all and continue becoming more and more immobile with age. 

hYYpYz
-MR said:

I don't know whether or not a very inflexible adult (like myself) can ever achieve the level of flexibility demonstrated in the videos, but I do know that I've made slow progress in my mobility since starting F1 and H1 two years ago. I'm still very tight however, so I'm hoping that the new stretch series will help accelerate things a little as well as help the areas that F1 and H1 miss (I just started it last week).

 

It's probably better to try the program and make slow gains than to not try at all and continue becoming more and more immobile with age. 

I've been exercising regularly with pull ups push ups and kettlebells but since i started doing judo i've noticed how piss poor my mobility and flexibility is. So as i'm starting F1 and H1 i see plenty of good stuff in there. I'm interested in strech series but there might not be enough time in the day for all of them. I might give it a go though.

-MR
hYYpYz said:

I've been exercising regularly with pull ups push ups and kettlebells but since i started doing judo i've noticed how piss poor my mobility and flexibility is. So as i'm starting F1 and H1 i see plenty of good stuff in there. I'm interested in strech series but there might not be enough time in the day for all of them. I might give it a go though.

 

The stretch series definitely seems to be a nice addition to the package, though again, I can't tell you how well it will work for stiff guys like us (I'll let you know in a year or two :)). In terms of time commitment, it's not insignificant as each of the series requires 45 minutes per week, though if you have the time, I think it's well worth it. Just wait until the movement series comes out; you may have to switch to working part time :)  

 

If you're doing Judo, one thing I would add is towel hangs to work on your grip strength and endurance as you won't get that kind of work in the beginning elements of F1. I've been doing them for about 8 months now and my BJJ instructor has mentioned how strong my "meat hooks" are on several occasions. 

hYYpYz

-MR so you are doing F1 H1 and Stretch series ? Is it possible for you to tell me how is stretch series incorporated when you do 4 days ?

i got F, F+H,rest, F+H, F

Regarding towel hangs i used to do bruce lee pull ups:) after my KB workouts.

Thank you for your answers. You are swaying me towards buying stretch series as well.

-MR

I do the F series and H series three times per week (i.e. M-W-F), and simply do the stretch series on 3 of my non-F days (Tu-Th-Sat).

What are Bruce Lee pull ups?

hYYpYz

thanks for answers dude you're very helpful

bruce lee pushups :