This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Follow-along Diagrams

Started by ChrisUK, February 21, 2015 · 4 Replies · 522 Views

ChrisUK

Hi Coach, Cory, everyone. 

 

I just did the thoracic bridge series for the first time (and man, my body was quite unprepared for afterwards  :eek: ) and just wanted to say it was amazing.

 

However, because there are so many progressions and we are expected to do them all each time I foresee difficulty remembering all the progressions in a row as becoming very difficult.  Now of course as long as you have reliable internet this is no problem, but I (and I'm sure many of you) travel quite frequently and may be working out in any number of places. 

 

So, I wanted to ask if we could potentially get a quality poster of the Stretch movements for each series with a picture of the stretches and their hold time/reps?

 

This way we can simply print it out and bring it in our bags with us, or view it as a pdf.

 

Hope everyone is enjoying the new courses, even if they are a little brutal  :mrgreen:

 

-Chris.

 

 

Jon Douglas

I've just written out the list in a word doc as I've worked through them the first time. Then the course video will refresh the details for me if I struggle :)

Keegan

My suggestion would be to:

1) follow along with the full class video

2) pause the video and write down each exercise once you are finished with it (adding any helpful tips, form cues or descriptions that will help you to remember how to do it correctly)

3) say the name of each exercise as you are writing it

4) run through the exercises (not the whole workout, just get in the positions to help you remember them as you read through your list and of course check the pics/vids of you can't remember something) no more than 48 hours later

5) try to be consistent and not miss a week (in which you do all these steps) for at least a month

This process will make use of multiple learning modalities in the Cone Of Learning and should help you to memorize the routine as quickly as possible so you won't "need" the video anymore (or at least will be able to get by if you can't access it). Of course if you can access it going along with the full class video is probably always going to be best as you may notice little nuances that you may have missed before and will continually fill your brain with Coach's words of wisdom and form cues (which again helps re-enforce learning).

Hope this helps.

Richard Sassoon

Another idea would be to have the audio of the full class, so that we can also follow along without watching the videos and have Coach's voice keeping you focused the whole time :)

This can also help visualizing the exercise by association.

Coach Sommer

This is a temporary problem that will last only until you have memorized the sequence.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer