I'm Evanston and looking for people to train with. I have access to space, equipment, etc... in Evanston.
Hit me up if you're in the area.
Todd
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Todd Paul, February 21, 2015 · 14 Replies · 1,476 Views
I'm Evanston and looking for people to train with. I have access to space, equipment, etc... in Evanston.
Hit me up if you're in the area.
Todd
I live in Evanston as well, but I'm an absolute beginner to GST and movement in general.
I'm on the south side of the city in Hyde Park but would love to meetup on a weekend sometime.
I live in Logan Square and am new to GST but would love to meet up with anyone that is interested.
I am in Lincoln Park and would be interested!
I am in Evanston and would do a weekend meetup. Anyone started a meetup?
David, we never did start a meetup but I'm interested in meeting a group to learn with. Also if @Todd Paul is still interested/available, we could use his space
Maybe you could all start an actual "meet up", using the meet up app.
I am looking for something like this myself. If you--or anyone else-- know of a gym in Chicago, can you please share a link to it? I live in Gold Coast. If needed, I can start a Meetup group.
John,
I have been doing some workouts at a gym American Gymanstics Academy-Northbrook. I know it is not the most convenient location for you, but I spoke to them about perhaps actually doing something more formal. As of right now, they have open gym Fri and Sat from 7:30 and on Sunday from 5:30 to 7:00. If you would like to meet up or something, feel free to contact me.
Stuart
I’m in Great Lakes area, just started GB programs but pretty long background in Aerial and circus arts. Would love to meet up at a gym to do the workouts and maybe some other workouts if able
Unfortunately, Northbrook and Great Lakes are too far for me. I live near North/Wells in the city and don't have enough time to travel to the suburbs for training. If there are any other city-dwellers here who would like to train somewhere, feel free to reach out!
I'm in the SW suburbs of Chicago. I am a little late to this conversation, but when I began doing GymnasticBodies a couple months ago, I spent a long time looking for any facility with Swedish bars / stall bars and couldn't locate any (which seems strange given Chicago is a massive metro area). But all I found were gymnastics studios for children's classes. I have a car and am willing to travel to meet to train somewhere with the bars and other equipment. I live in the 60465 area and would love recommendations.
On 11/24/2018 at 9:47 AM, Allison Claire said:I'm in the SW suburbs of Chicago. I am a little late to this conversation, but when I began doing GymnasticBodies a couple months ago, I spent a long time looking for any facility with Swedish bars / stall bars and couldn't locate any (which seems strange given Chicago is a massive metro area). But all I found were gymnastics studios for children's classes. I have a car and am willing to travel to meet to train somewhere with the bars and other equipment. I live in the 60465 area and would love recommendations.
Another Allison here - I'm buying a house in the far western stretches of Chicagoland next month (Sugar Grove). I'm planning on getting some stall bars (and have some other cool aerial arts gear) if you want to come out.
On 8/13/2019 at 6:21 PM, Allison Diller said:Another Allison here - I'm buying a house in the far western stretches of Chicagoland next month (Sugar Grove). I'm planning on getting some stall bars (and have some other cool aerial arts gear) if you want to come out.
Hi Allison -- That would be great! I have just doing my best to makeshift with playground equipment, but even stopping over once or twice to get a feel for real stall bars would be great. Congrats on purchasing a new home!