This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Updated SL/PE2 Form Check

Started by Vytautas Pilkauskas, February 21, 2015 · 4 Replies · 230 Views

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hello,

So I found Elbow Side Plank Twist to be really intense to obliques. I think that my hips could be lower but I need it to be seen in someone else's eyes. Also you can see my back when I do it for the other side. Camera memory got full so it didn't record the last few reps :facepalm: What do you think about my PE2 form?

 

korija

touch the ground with your elbow

LateStarter@46

It looks good - I think maybe your hips are just a little high. Also, I can't see clearly but in the first set of reps your top leg seems to be in front rather than behind the bottom leg. It should be the other way round as you do in your second lot of reps.

Jealous of you feeling it in your obliques - I just feel the pressure on the forearm  :(

Vytautas Pilkauskas
korija said:

touch the ground with your elbow

I'm touching it maybe you couldn't see it in the video. This was my second recording, after I saw that I didn't touch the ground in the first recording :)

 

LateStarter@46 said:

It looks good - I think maybe your hips are just a little high. Also, I can't see clearly but in the first set of reps your top leg seems to be in front rather than behind the bottom leg. It should be the other way round as you do in your second lot of reps.

Jealous of you feeling it in your obliques - I just feel the pressure on the forearm  :(

Yeah, that's what I thought, thank you :) I've got confused with the feet placement, lol, you can see it when I rolled over to do the left side. Will re-do this with hips lower and feet correctly.

The way I do it is I try to avoid my torso arching or sagging at any cost (like in description). I put more emphasis on keeping my oblique tight and in place all the time and I'm twisting more from my thoracic spine rather than just bending upper back. My side muscles are burning by the time I finish the set. Mobility part then loosens up the muscles. I found this to be the best strength and mobility pair so far :)

Coach Sommer

Focus on twisting the torso rather than simply moving the elbow.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer