Tuck Planche Training Advice

Started by cburg, February 20, 2015 · 3 Replies · 4,629 Views

cburg

HI,

 

I am new to bodyweight training just starting about 7 months ago. I have been researching training methods for the planche and have been stuck in the frog stand for a few months until recently.  I am 6'5" and about 220lbs.

 

I wanted to get some advice from some professionals on my tuck planche that I am currently performing to see if I am doing it correctly.  I can only hold it for a few seconds.  

 

Tuck Planche February 2105.mp4

 

I have made some rapid improvements by performing and alternative shoulder lean.  I bring my feet closer to my hands on the floor, lift up my back and lean forward about ten time never bringing my lean back to vertical.  

 

Any advice would be much appreciated as I hope to progress to at least a straddle planche.

 

Chad

sashok

Turn your wrists at 45 degrees, lift up and keep knees as much as possible near the chest

cburg

Great.

 

Thanks for the feedback.  I will work on that and post again when I feel I have improved. 

 

I am also working on an inverted press using the parrellettes.  I can get inverted and press halfway to straight arms, but get stuck in that position.  Is this something that would work well together with shoulder strength that could be applied to the planche training?

 

Chad